Updated: Disambiguate between ‘PDA’ and ‘Update’

This afternoon, we got an alert from Ilia with a suggested fix. Ilia pointed out that the algorithm which detects for a device using “PDA” in its user agent string will also be triggered when it encounters the word “update” (or “autoupdate”). This issue is encountered with some clients which have Adobe software installed. Here is an example of the offending useragent:

“Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.01)”

So I made an update to the DetectMobileQuick() method in all code libraries: PHP, JavaScript, Java, and .NET.

QA Note: I was able to do a casual test with the PHP and JavaScript codes and they appear to be working. If you see an error in the Java or .NET versions, please let me know. (And of course if you see ANY errors or the need for any tweaks, please send me a note!)

Owner of the MobileESP project. For the latest source code downloads, visit:

https://github.com/ahand/mobileesp

Posted in Code Updates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.