Hi, folks –
These examples illustrate how easy it is to include MobileESP code in your web page, do a quick detect, then do something interesting. For example, some of the things you might want to do include:
- Turn on & off features.
- Optimize pictures, videos, and other multimedia content for a specific platform. For example, dynamically replace a Flash video with an H.234 video file for iOS devices.
- Show a platform-specific notice or ad. For example, “You’re on a Windows Phone 7 device? Download our new app!”
- Redirect a device to an alternate version of the web page.
- If it’s an iPhone Tier device (including iPod Touch, Android, WebOS, etc.), it’ll redirect to a basic web page saying, “iPhone Tier.”
- If it’s any other mobile device (including BlackBerries, Windows Phone 7, PalmOS, and most feature phones), it’ll redirect to a web page saying, “Generic Mobile Page.”
- All other devices will fall through the above filters to land on a page saying, “Hi! I’m a Desktop page!”
See a live demo of the MobileESP samples in action.