- GetUserAgent(): Not supported. Instead, we use a local variable called “uagent”.
- GetHttpAccept(): Not supported.
DETECTION METHOD RETURN VALUES
All DetectXXX() methods return the booleans TRUE or FALSE (when supported!).
DETECTION METHODS: Platforms and OSes
Assume that all of the following methods probably won’t work. If they work, they probably work only for iPhone Tier devices. Some methods have additional notes.
- DetectIos(): A convenience method for catching any iOS device.
- DetectAndroid(): Detects any Android device: phones, multi-media players, tablets, and Google TV.
- DetectAndroidPhone(): Includes phones and multi-media players; excludes tablets
- DetectSymbianOS(): Probably won’t work for most Symbian devices. Might work for the newest S60-based devices.
- DetectBlackBerryTablet(): For the PlayBook
- DetectBlackBerryTouch(): Probably won’t work for devices in this group.
- DetectBlackBerryHigh(): Probably won’t work for devices in this group.
- DetectBlackBerryLow(): Probably won’t work for devices in this group.
- DetectPalmOS(): Probably won’t work for this platform.
- DetectBrewDevice(): Probably won’t work for devices in this group.
- DetectWapWml(): Not supported.
- DetectAmazonSilk(): Detects the Android-based Amazon Kindle Fire when the Silk acceleration mode is on.
- DetectMidpCapable(): Not supported.
DETECTION METHODS: Classes of Devices
These methods are also poorly supported among mobile devices.
- DetectSmartphone(): Poorly supported even in this class.
- DetectMobileQuick(): Very poorly supported.
- DetectMobileLong(): Very poorly supported.
- DetectGameConsole(): Rolls all of the gaming consoles up into a single method. Poorly supported.
DETECTION METHODS: Device Tiers
These methods group mobile phones into three broad tiers based on the capabilities of their browsers. See the regular API notes to see a list of devices falling into each tier.
- DetectTierTablet(): Well supported in this class.
- DetectTierIphone(): Well supported in this class.
- DetectTierRichCss(): Poorly supported in this class.
- DetectTierOtherPhones(): Very poorly supported in this class.